Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sorry it's been so long.


Hey guys,


I am sorry it has been so long. Believe it or not I have been working. Carla got here o Monday so the work had to get going. We have the house about 80% done. We will be ready for floor tile within a week or so. We are hoping that everything will be done by June. I will be back in Knoxville on Sunday night and on the air Monday morning. If you have not heard me and knives have not gotten along this week. I got into a knife fight with my self and I am bringing home a extra souvenirs. Seven stitches to be exact. I have posted a picture because I know you want to look. We had a great week with the boys. The kids have adapted so well to Casa. Julian told me over and over that God was so awesome to let him and his brother come and live with his family at Casa. He kept thanking me for not giving up on him. The paperwork is moving so please keep praying.


As i thought about them this week I was reminded just how blessed I was growing up. Knowing that I have 2 parents that love me. Those kids have had such a hard life but are still just normal little boys. Julian told me that he just wanted to live with us and work around the house and do dishes. I then hugged him and told him that he was just going to be a kid. At their home they have to wash dishes, do their clothes, and a whole bunch of stuff. I just want to give them the opportunity to just be kids.


Please help us pray about a container to ship our stuff. It looks like it is going to cost around $4000.00. If you would like to help with this need please email us. We will only take 1/3 the rest of it will contain a lot of supplies for Casa. Our 2 inflatables arrived on Friday so we are almost ready to go for our parties in June and to do our ministry in the future. We are also trying to get the rest of our support lined out so if you know of anyone that would like to partner with us please email me.


Well that is it for now from Guatemala. I can't wait to get home and hug Katie and Zach!!!


His Servant,

Mike

No comments: