Sunday, March 9, 2008

Moving Along


Well another week has passed and it was pretty eventful. We started the week by closing the deal on our van. We got a 2001 Ford Windstar that I will drive down at the end of April. Then we started the fun part of moving, the packing. We finished off the week by just taking a day and sleeping.
When December Radio came to town a month or so ago we knew that we were going to buy a van. We had no idea that we would be buying it here then driving it through Mexico, but I guess this just adds to the adventure!!! We were able to get a great deal on the van. With the monies raised from the concert we were able to buy it for cash and have a little left to help pay the taxes. I will leave on April 19th and drive our Uhaul full of furniture and stuff to L.A., That’s lower Alabama to load it onto a container. Then Time Ruth a missionary at Casa and myself will leave from there and drive through Mexico to Guatemala. I must tell you I need lots of prayers on this one. Once that is done I will fly back to the US to spend most of May, then we will all make the move down on June 7th. We still have a couple of needs for the van and I will list them below with our needs list.
This week we also started to pack. I can not believe we have so much junk. As I look at the people of Guatemala that I am going to minister too at how little they have then look at the boxes we are taking I am almost ashamed of myself. We have so much to be thankful for in our lives. As I was boxing up music cd’s today I bet I packed thousands of dollars of music. How many people could I reach with that money. God has really started working on our family, helping us to understand that the stuff we have is just that stuff. We have started making two stacks, things to take and things to store until we can have a massive sale. I’ll let you know when that will be so you can add to your junk (HAHA). The other thing that happens as I pack is I run across things. I found my journal the other day that I had on my very first trip to Guatemala. As I read through it I laughed because I had written a statement that there was no way I could ever live in a “third world country”. It’s funny how God does things. So if you’re a packing expert and your looking for something to do in the next few weeks let me know and we can sure minister to ya.
Finally at the end of this week we done some things we haven’t done in a while. On Friday night we went Bowling until 2AM and yes I got beat by everyone. We found ourselves at Waffle House at 2:30 eating everything smothered and covered. Then on Saturday we slept until 2 in the afternoon. It was amazing to sleep that long with no phone calls or kids poking me on the forehead. Some days you just gotta take it easy.
One final update to tell you. Our prayers are being answered with Carla’s Dad. He got his test results back and his cancer has shrank. Not only that but they cleared him to come to Guatemala and visit us in June. Please keep praying that God will heal him. He has so many talents that he could use at Casa. I am going to shut up now and go watch the rest of the Lady Vols game. I have our prayer list and needs list listed below for this week.

His Servant,
Mike

Prayer Needs
Genesis surgery – That everything would line up and she will be healthy to have her Kidney transplant.
Carla’s Dad that God would continue to heal.
Our House – That it would sell very quickly.
Our finances – That our sponsorship program would start to take off.(Currently at 25%) Also for other things we have to buy.
Pray for our preparation that we would be ready in time!!

Our Current Financial Needs

Funds for our Container $1900.00
Funds for Kitchen cabinets $1000.00 ($1000.00 already donated Praise God!!!)
Moving expenses for Uhaul and drive to Guatemala ($1200.00
Furniture (Kitchen table, q full size Bedroom suite) $1300.00
33 Families at $30.00 per month. 6 Churches as Partners (If you would like more information Please email me or call me.)

No comments: